Vision Statement: The Pennsylvania State University Academic Resource Centers will be a nationally recognized model of an active and collaborative learning community providing personalized assistance and resources to support students in their learning.
The Penn State Shenango Academic Resource Center (SHARC) adheres to the guidelines for all centers throughout the Penn State system.
A professional setting with an atmosphere conducive to learning, the SHARC offers academic assistance to students by stressing active collaboration through cooperative learning.
Professional and peer tutors as well as instructional software, provide a means by which students can thrive and excel in an academic environment to achieve their educational goals.
Stop by or call for an appointment at 724-983-2910. Hours of availability vary each semester.
SCHEDULING A TUTOR
The SHARC uses WC Online, a web-based scheduling system for students to make appointments with tutors. Students can search tutors by subject area and compare available times to make an appointment that is convenient. According to demand, tutors may be requested in subjects not listed.
- Visit shenango.mywconline.com to schedule your appointment
- Click on the link that says "Click here to register"
- Register with your Penn State User ID and Password
- Create new account, fill out the form, click "Register"
- Review schedules, select a tutor, and make an appointment!
Put some teeth in your studies! Visit the SHARC at the Lartz Memorial Library, Room 103.
- Debby Brennan - SHARC Student Liaison and Library Information Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angela Pettitt - SHARC Tutor Coordinator and Instructor in English, email@example.com
- Matt Ciszek - SHARC Consultant and Shenango Head Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elaine Andrews - SHARC Administrator, Assistant Director of Academic Affairs, and Instructor in English, email@example.com