Instruction During a Bomb Threat
Below you will find a list of instructions to follow in the event of a bomb threat on campus. Please follow these instructions and remain calm during any emergency. Please contact University Police at 724-866-0250 and call 911.
If you receive the bomb threat by telephone:
- Immediately record the time of the phone call
- Obtain as much information as possible from the caller, and utilize the issued bomb threat telephone card.
- Notify University Police
- University Police will contact the Chancellor
- The Chancellor or a designee will decide whether to evacuate the building(s)
In the event the building(s) is/are evacuated, follow the standard evacuation procedure.
If the building(s) is/are evacuated, University Police will:
- Notify all building occupants of the threat and tell them they are free to leave the building, if they wish
- Post bomb threat warning signs on all doors of the building(s)
- Follow the bomb threat procedure in accordance with University Policy SY-18 and University Police Policy and Procedure Manual No. 149
- Safety and Security
- Safety & Security Useful Links