The Student Government Association (SGA) is a representative voice of the student body in the campus’ governance system.
- Provide a forum for student concerns
- Oversee funding for on-campus clubs and organizations
- Implement recreational and entertainment programs
- Develop leadership and management skills
- Gain experience that is transferable to the workplace
- Voice opinions on issues
SGA consists of representatives elected from the Penn State Shenango student body. Freshman, sophmore, and representatives at large represent the academic classes. These representatives maintain a direct link with students and campus faculty and administrators. The SGA elected officials include President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Thon Director, Club Liaison, and Public Relations.
Elections are conducted in the fall and spring at which time senators and executive board members are elected to represent students.
Meetings are open to ALL Shenango students. However, you must be an SGA member to vote and you must be on the Agenda to speak at the meeting.
SGA Activities are designed to offer a wide variety of activities to the entire campus community.
- Support the many and varied campus clubs and organizations through funding appropriations
- Greet new students through various welcoming activities.
- Conduct Student Government Association elections.
- Support leadership workshops.
- Sponsor Block Book entertainment series.
- Participate on various campus committees.
- Sponsor activities to promote campus clubs and organizations.
- Support Four Diamonds Dance Marathon.
- Host the Recognition Banquet.
- Sponsor various campus events to meet student needs (i.e. evening mixers, Thon sendoff, Holiday lunch).