Fieldwork Educator's Information
As a fieldwork educator or coordinator, you are essential to our program and the profession of Occupational Therapy. You are the Occupational Therapy Assistant students' bridge between academia and practice. Our mission is to provide you with the space to collaborate and communicate about important information related to fieldwork education.
Penn State ASOT Program Resources
- OT100/OT101 Student Fieldwork Level I Evaluation Form
- OT200 Level Student Field I Evaluation Form
- AOTA FW Performance Evaluation for OTA Student (sample version for learning ONLY)
- Fieldwork Experience Assessment Tool (FEAT)
- Student Evaluation of FW II Experience (SEFWE)
- COE Guidelines for Level I OT Fieldwork Experience
- COE Guidelines for Level II Fieldwork Experience
- Resources for Fieldwork Education
- Resources for New Fieldwork Programs
- Site-Specific Objectives
- Student Supervision
- AOTA Fieldwork Related Products
- Yearly fieldwork educators workshop offered. Announcements will be sent to participating clinics for registration.
- Preceptor Education Program: Preceptors (clinical instructors) and students, take advantage of this free on-line program as you prepare for clinical placements. Once you complete the short registration process and instantly receive your login information, you can access the PEP program anytime, anywhere. Each module takes about 30 minutes to complete and is full of quick tips and downloadable learning activities and tools. It is easy to navigate, colourful, fun to use, and many of the modules are designed so that preceptors and students can work through them together. A certificate can be printed at the end of the module to record the education completed.
- Self-Assessment Tool for FW Educator Competency
For more information, please contact:
Penn State Shenango
147 Shenango Ave.
Sharon, PA 16146