Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

Attention: All Incoming Students

Penn State’s Health Policy requires that you provide documentation of appropriate immunizations.

MMR Information: New students coming in to PSU are required to have 2 MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccines. The CDC (Center for Disease Control) and ACHA (American College Health Association) have recommended this. This is only for new, first-time, PSU students. This requirement does not affect current students or students who have been enrolled at PSU and are re-enrolling.

Students born before 1957 are presumed to be immune and do not need to meet the MMR requirement.

University Health Services will accept documentation of positive titres, but will not accept a diagnosis of the disease.

If you have not had the second MMR, you must get it from a health care provider. You may also contact the Public Health Office in Jackson Center to receive this immunization. A time must be scheduled by calling (724) 662-4000 beforehand.

Procedure: Starting on June 18, 2007, students must log onto a secure website to self-report their immunization records. All Shenango campus students will need to complete the immunization form on-line. The immunization form is the only Health Services form that Shenango students are required to complete. The website location to do this is – http://www.sa.psu.edu/uhs/currentstudents/immunization_compliance.cfm At the bottom of the page, click on “enter your immunization records.”

Exemptions: Exemptions to this University requirement, based on religious beliefs or medical reasons, will be evaluated on an individual basis and should be sent to University Health Services at University Park in writing.

Additional Immunizations: While it is not required, we strongly recommend a tuberculin skin test within the past two years and immunizations against tetanus/diphtheria, polio, hepatitis B, varicella (if you haven’t had chickenpox), and menomune.

Questions regarding this or any other health-related topic should be directed to the Student Affairs Office in Sharon Hall 103 or by calling (724) 983-2836.